We start our tour from Akureyri, following Eyjafjörður and over the mountain pass direction Goðafoss. Our first stop, the waterfall of the Gods. Afterwards we will keep on driving direction Mývatn, where we discover the amazing lavaformations of Dimmuborgir and the geothermal area of Námaskard, where the earth is boiling. Our next stop will be the Dettifoss, Selfoss and Hafragilsfoss, a row of impressive waterfalls. The route takes us then on a highland road to Hjlóðakletta, a row of ancient craters. Then we head further north to Ásbyrgi canyon. On our way to the fishing village of Húsavík we may be able to discover some puffins. We end our tour driving back to Akureyri. This is a roundtrip.
Private tour with a certified, local guide in a super jeep.
Super Jeep is a 4×4 Jeep on 38‘‘ tires for 1-5 Passengers, Toyota Land Cruiser.
1st June – 15th September
Upon Request, hotel pick up in Akureyri area
Departure time Duration
09:00 10 hours
Price per car (max 5 people)
161’000 ISK incl. 11% VAT, entrance fee to Nature bath is not included
Goðafoss, Dimmuborgir, Lake Mývatn, Námaskarð, Dettifoss, Selfoss, Hafragilsfoss, Hlóðakletta, Ásbyrgi, Tjörnes peninsula (home of the puffin), Húsavík, Icelandic Highlands and Nature, certified, local guide.
Don’t forget to bring
• Good hiking shoes
• Good warm clothes since the weather can be cold in the region
• Private tour in a Super Jeep
• Certified, local guide
• Free Hotel pickup in Akureyri area
• Free Wifi inside the car
- Cancelled by clients less than 14 days before departure 25% charge
- Cancelled by clients less than 2 days before departure 100% charge
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if necessary (road and weather conditions or due to other unforeseen reasons) – full refund to client.