Our tour starts with a pick up in Akureyri. We drive through the winter landscape towards Lake Mývatn. Our first stop will be at the beautiful waterfall Goðafoss, the waterfall of the gods.
At Lake Mývatn, we will stop at Dimmuborgir. The dark Fortress at Mývatn, a wonder of nature with unusually shaped lava formations. Where some believe that the Icelandic Yule lads reside, all thirteen of them.
We will take a lunchbreak at Vogafjós Restaurant, well known for its local products. That will strengthen our spirt, than we take off to our adventure Dettifoss. Here our super Jeep will be needed. Dettifoss is the most powerful waterfall in Europe, 100 m wide and 44 m. To reach Dettioss, we will go off the main road and follow the river Jökulsá á Fjöllum on the west bank until we reach Dettifoss. To see the waterfall, we will have to take a hike from the parking lot. If necessary we will provide snow shoes for you.
On our way back, we will end the day in a relaxing bath at the Nature bath at Lake Mývatn. Enjoying the geothermal hot water and maybe already seeing the first stars in the sky.
Our tour ends in Akureyri. On our way, photo stops are always an option. Our super jeep tours are private tours, with a local and experienced guide. It is our goal to make this day a unique experience for you.
Price per car (max 4 people):
125’000 ISK incl. 11%Vat. Travel agencies receive 15% commission.
Private tour with a certified, local guide in a super jeep.
Dettifoss and Selfoss waterfalls. Hafragilsfoss waterfall if it is accessible. Mývatn, Dimmuborgir, Mývatn Nature Bath, Goðafoss Waterfall, Super Jeep Adventure. Snowshoeing (provided) if conditions allow. Certified, local guide.
Upon Request, hotel pick up in Akureyri area
Departure time: Duration:
09:00 7 – 8 hours
- During the tour, we stop in the Lake Mývatn area for lunch at a local restaurant (not included in the price).
- Due to weather and/or road conditions, we might have to alter the trip and journey time might vary.
Super Jeep is a 4×4 Jeep on 38‘‘ tires for 1-4 Passengers, Toyota Land Cruiser.
Don’t’ forget to bring:
- Good warm clothes since the weather can be cold in the region
- Good hiking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Gloves and cap
- Swimsuit and towel
- Private tour in a Super Jeep
- Certified, local guide
- Free Hotel pickup in Akureyri area
- Snowshoes, if needed
- Free Wifi inside the car
- entrance fee to Nature bath
- lunch at the local restaurant
- Cancelled by clients less than 14 days before departure 25% charge
- Cancelled by clients less than 2 days before departure 100% charge
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if necessary (road and weather conditions or due to other unforeseen reasons) – full refund to client.